Wondering how to starting cleaning your home with baking soda? Today I am sharing 18 different ways to use baking soda to clean your home!
How to Clean Your Home with Baking Soda
Baking soda is a safe, natural product that you can use all over your house in place of harsh chemicals. It definitely makes cleaning your home in a more natural way opposed to name brand cleaners a lot easier!
Making your own cleaning products with baking soda is pretty simple and I hope this list of ways to begin cleaning with baking soda helps you figure it out!
Cleaning with Baking Soda Ideas
1. Use it as a furniture polish: Make a paste by combining water and baking soda, then apply it to any surface and buff off with a dry cloth.
2. Deodorize shoes or sneakers: Mix 1/4 cup baking soda with 1-quart warm water in a bucket, then soak footwear for at least 20 minutes.
3. Disinfect kitchen surfaces: Combine 2 tablespoons baking soda, 10 drops each of thyme oil and tea tree oil, and 3 cups boiling water in an empty spray bottle; shake well and spray on countertops, appliances, and other areas.
4. Deodorize drains: Keep a box of baking soda in the kitchen to use as a drain freshener. Simply pour 1/2 cup down the drain when it’s clogged and let sit for 15 minutes before running water through it.
5. Neutralize pet odors: Sprinkle baking soda over your carpets and under furniture to absorb unpleasant odors from pets.
6. Disinfect bathroom surfaces: Combine 2 tablespoons baking soda with 1 cup water in a spray bottle, then spray surfaces such as sinks, tubs, and toilet bowls before scrubbing with an old toothbrush.
7. Deodorize garbage disposal: Let the disposal run with water as you sprinkle some baking soda down it, then drain.
8. Clean coffee or teapots: Pour 1/2 cup baking soda into a pot of boiling water and let sit overnight before scrubbing clean in the morning.
9. Use it to remove stains from clothing: Combine 1/4 cup baking soda with 2 tablespoons white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray directly onto stains.
10. Clean cutting boards or other kitchen surfaces: Sprinkle baking soda over the surface, then wipe clean with a soft cloth.
11. Deodorize your fridge: Store an open box of baking soda among your vegetables to eliminate bad odors.
12. Deodorize the stove: Sprinkle baking soda over warm stovetops, then buff clean with a soft cloth.
13. Refresh your dryer: Add 1 cup of baking soda to any load of laundry and run as usual for fresh smelling, static-free clothes.
14. Disinfect sponges or brushes: Soak sponges or brushes in a solution containing 1 cup baking soda and 2 cups water.
15. Deodorize your shoes: Sprinkle some baking soda into the bottoms of your tennis shoes or sneakers, then shake out.
16. Clean cutting boards: Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda over the board and scrub it with warm water and a soft brush.
17. Deodorize your garbage can: Sprinkle baking soda inside your trash can, then wipe clean with a damp cloth.
18. Refresh stuffed animals or toys: Place them in a pillowcase with a box of baking soda for several hours to freshen them up.
I hope you find these tips on how to use baking soda to clean your house useful and will use the tips shared to start using a more natural cleaning option at home!
For more clean living tips, check out the posts below!