Fall is hands down the best time of the year, so you can bet I put together easy fall counting activities for preschoolers. We’re all stuck at home this 2020 fall season and these super easy pumpkin seed activities are sure to keep your preschoolers busy & help them practice their numbers!
I’m a big fan of EASY and limited mess activities. Any boy mamas here with me? You get where I am coming from, don’t you? The boys tend to make the biggest disasters out of absolutely nothing at all. Hence why these pumpkin seed activities only involve a few items, which can easily be wiped off of the table and swept off of the floor.
There are two ways you can go about putting these pumpkin seed fall counting activities for preschoolers together.
Or not messy.
You can probably guess where I’m going with the messy option. Yep. Pumpkin carving! If you’re feeling up for it, grab a few pumpkins while you’re out taking family pictures at your local pumpkin patches (we all know pumpkin patches are for the cute photos nowadays) and have fun as a family scooping out the pumpkin guts & save the seeds for the activity.
Grab a few more pumpkins for your own baked pumpkin seeds if those are your thing. I have a few seasoned pumpkin seed recipes I LOVE. This post by Wholefully has six pumpkin seed seasoning recipes & they all sound SO GOOD!
But you can also go the easy route on this and buy a bag or two of pumpkin seeds from your favorite grocery store. Whatever works for you!
Beyond the pumpkin seeds, you’ll need a few things for either pumpkin seed activity. For the first one, we’ll be working on counting to ten. you’ll need some construction paper, glue, a marker, and of course the pumpkin seeds. For this activity you’ll be having your kiddos glue the correct number of pumpkin seeds next to the corresponding number. Aka, you’ll write out 1-10 and they need to glue the correct amount of pumpkin seeds next to that number.
I swear, these sorts of easy toddler activities sound SO much more complicated when writing out the instructions. Skip to the first activity below. I promise it is easy!
Then for the second activity, I bet you already have all you need right in your kitchen! You’ll need a muffin tin, cupcake liners, a marker, and pumpkin seeds! The goal here will be for your kiddos to count out the correct number of pumpkin seeds for each numbered cupcake liner and plop them in!
For formal how-to’s for my easy fall counting activities for preschoolers, keep reading!
Fall Counting Activities for Preschoolers
1. 1-10 Pumpkin Seed Sheet Paper Activity
- Set the construction paper in a vertical position. Using the orange marker, write the numbers 1-10 on the construction paper on the left side.
- Have the child glue the correct amount of pumpkin seeds next to each number until all numbers are completed.
- Keep on the fridge to practice counting visually during meal prep times!
2. 1-24 Pumpkin Seed Counting in Muffin Tins
- Line a muffin pan with baking cups.
- Write one number on each baking cup, 1-24.
- Have the child count the correct amount of pumpkin seeds and place them in each muffin cup.
- Keep liners and pumpkin seeds in a ziplock bag (or reuseable bag, we love THESE for games and activities) for future play!
I hope your kiddos love these pumpkin seed fall counting activities for preschoolers as much as my boys do! Make it a bit more festive by turning on a classic Halloween movie and maybe make up some Halloween Slime as well!