I don’t know about you, but kid-approved fall smoothies are probably my favorite smoothie blends EVER.
Not only are they tasty as all heck, but they’re packed with the good stuff to keep your kiddos (and even you) going until lunch. Or close to lunch anyway. You know kids and their constant “I’m soooOOOOoooo hungry mommmm” attitudes. But these fall smoothies do prolong the snack-asking just a bit.
I put these kid-approved fall smoothies together while keeping the flavors of the season in mind. First off we have my absolute favorite, an apple pumpkin smoothie. Guys. The flavors packed into this smoothie are out of this world. We have the crisp apple combined with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice making for the ultimate fall smoothie recipe.
Speaking of, this is actually a kid-approved fall smoothie part two! You can find the first handful of recipes here and lemme tell you, they are just as delicious as the ones you’re about to check out!
I have a handful of other smoothie recipes as well. You could say we are a bit of smoothie fanatics over here. Probably because I have a few boys to feed along with myself, so a blender packed full of goodness is a lot easier than mixing stuff up on the stove. And faster. Can’t forget faster for minimal “starving” tantrum throwing.
Clearly smoothies are good year round in my home, but here are the few kid-approved fall smoothie recipes I have yet to share with you.
Kid-Approved Fall Smoothies
Apple Pumpkin smoothie
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. old-fashioned oats¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 apple, cut into pieces
- ½ banana, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup milk (almond, soy, cow’s, etc. – whatever you prefer)
- ⅛ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Green pear + grape
- 2 cups milk (I use coconut, but you could also use almond, oat, rice, etc)
- 2 cups kale (de-stemmed)
- 1 cup pear
- 1 cup grapes (I like to freeze them beforehand!)
- 1 *small* banana (just to help with the consistency, you don’t really want the banana flavor, so err on the side of caution – maybe start with half, you can always add a little more if you want
Apple, Carrot, Plum
- Small purple carrots, sliced
- 1 apple
- 1 plum
- 1.5 cups of orange juice (I prefer freshly squeezed)
Apple, Banana, Date
- 1 cup of milk of choice
- 1 banana
- 2 apples
- 6 dates
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon