Apple pie breakfast cookies. That’s right.
We’re making cookies for breakfast. Every kids dream. Heck, cookies for breakfast is MY dream. Which, ya know, is why I had to put these beauties together.
2020 is making me want to kick off the Holiday season early and one of my fave treats around the holidays is apple pie in any shape or form. Not only does the apple + cinnamon mixture make for an amazing smelling home, but the warm apple treat just feels like home. So of course I needed to put together an apple pie recipe that was both gluten-free and vegan.
Out came my vegan + gluten=free apple pie breakfast cookies!
My favorite part about the breakfast cookies is that my kids are obsessed with them too so I make them up all the time & that makes me a happy mama!
Apple Pie Breakfast Cookies
- 2 Cups gluten-free oats
- 1 Cup almond flour
- 1/2 Cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup applesauce
- 1/4 Cup shredded apples
- 1/3 Cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a bowl combine the oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the applesauce, shredded apples, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and slowly incorporate the almond milk mixture until you have a dough that sticks together.
- If the mixture is too crumbly add more almond milk, 1 Tbsp at a time. If it’s too wet add more oats, 2 Tbsp at a time.
- Shape the cookies and transfer them to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Let cool for a bit and serve! I absolutely love snacking on them while still a bit warm. Add in a breakfast smoothie and I don’t think a morning could get any better.
If you make them up, tag me on Instagram (@Shynnz) and let me see!
If you’re a fan of easy & tasty breakfast ideas, check out a few of my favorites: