We ran out of granola bars and the grocery store is literally last on my list of places to go right now. And I can almost guarantee that you have all these pantry staple ingredients handy. Our oatmeal bars cover all the bases: they’re salty. They’re sweet. Take about 5 minutes to make. Use pantry staples. Are kid-friendly. Super customizable. And, most importantly: are delicious.
How to make our vegan peanut butter oatmeal bars:
- 1 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice!)
- 1 cup maple syrup (honey is great too if your diet allows)
- 3 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
Optional ingredients we like to include:
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes (we use unsweetened as the maple syrup and peanut butter are sweet enough on their own)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Pretzel pieces
- Chopped dates
- Melt peanut butter and maple syrup / honey. I put it in the microwave for 60 seconds and it’s the perfect temperature to mix easily.
- Stir in oats and any remaining dry ingredients. If mixture feels too “wet”, add more oats or optional ingredients and mix.
- Press mixture into 9×9 pan and let harden overnight in the refrigerator or an hour or so in the freezer.
I store ours in a glass Tupperware container in the freezer, where they’ll keep for… well… a really long time. But the fridge works too!
Here are some of my favorite top rated glass storage containers:
Looking for more oat-based grab and go healthy snack options? Check out my Gluten Free Oatmeal Rainbow Power Bites. Or my go-to Vegan and Gluten Free Lactation Bites that always give my supply a little boost when I need it!