You know what I love about crockpots? You can just throw whatever you have in there, add some liquid, and it’s bound to taste good. And that’s exactly what happened here.
It’s a gluten free, dairy free super easy and inexpensive meal idea. And even my kids like it!
Slow Cooker Chicken + Root Vegetable Quinoa
This is seriously so easy I feel silly even writing this all out.
- Chicken breasts (although all I had was frozen chicken tenders, I used 5)
- 1 box (32 oz) butternut squash soup (or you can use chicken stock, veggie stock, whatever!)
- 1 large sweet potato / yam, chopped.
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1 cup quinoa
(Again, I feel silly even writing this out)
- Put chicken and butternut squash in crockpot, and set for desired amount of time (I usually do 4 hours, because I’m forgetful and last minute with everything).
- Halfway through, add the chopped sweet potato and carrots.
- When there’s 45 minutes to an hour left, add the quinoa (don’t put it in too early, or else it will get mushy).
- EAT UP!
And bonus – it’s really good topped with an egg for lunch the next day, too!