– Keep it together enough to not be a complete and total blubbering mess for H’s 1st birthday. Done!
– Have ‘me time’ twice a week. Major fail here. I had maybe three instances of ‘me time’ all month.
– Go on two dates. Done!
– Do one random act of kindness. Done!
– Buy a ticket to go home and visit my grandparents. Done!
– Get rid of one bag of excess clothing / toys / whatever. Done – halfway. I have 4 boxes of things to donate, but they haven’t made it out of the house yet.
– Create a blog ‘schedule’. Kind of. There are still some things I’m working out, but part of me is still deciding if I want to have a ‘schedule’. Monday Introductions and Friday Favorites will happen here and there, but sometimes I just want to talk about whatever it is that week, so I’m just gonna go with it!
– Figure out Google Analytics. Done!
One of the things I wasn’t successful with in January was taking time for myself. As I mentioned yesterday in my What’s up Wednesday post, I’m feeling a little stressed for time with everything that’s on my plate, and therefore my “me time” gets pushed to the side.
This month, with the help of Nügg, I’m going to promise myself that at least once a week, I will sit down with a cup of tea and take care of myself. I almost feel like January was even more crazy than November and December, and am just now finding myself winding down from the holidays and celebrations that go along with them. I’m exhausted and more than a little worse for the wear. As February is the “love” month, I’m going to take this month to be selfish and focus on loving myself. I will make February my New Year re-do. I will be selfish and vain for the first time in over a year and I will nourish my body and soul!
Inspired by the face masks that Nügg sent me, I’m going to adopt their New Year Skin Care Resolutions, and add a few more of my own.
“With the Holiday Season over and the New Year upon us, what better way to combat your tired, dry skin than with nügg Face Masks! The natural extracts of our Hydrating and Cleansing face masks will nourish your skin to bring back moisture and remove impurities for a beautiful complexion in 2015.”
February Goals //
– Wear sunscreen every day. [Try using a moisturizer that has SPF, that way you don’t have to add an extra step to your morning routine.]
– Never sleep with my makeup on. [Washing your face at night will prevent any dirt and impurities from seeping into your skin and causing breakouts. To ensure a thorough cleanse, use our Deep Cleansing mask. The Jojoba Lite Oil in this face mask dissolves sebum in a gentle, healthy way so that excess sebum can be rinsed off leaving you with hydrated, nourished skin.]
– Be better about moisturizing, day and night. [To lock-in extra moisture, apply your moisturizer when your skin is still slightly damp. For even more hydration, apply a thin layer of our hydrating mask as a sleep mask or below your foundation in the morning which also can serve as a beautifying primer.]
– Clean my makeup brushes! [Not only does old makeup start to build up on the bristles, but dust particles will stick to them as well. Be sure to wash your brushes at least once a week using any hair shampoo you have handy. You will notice quite the difference in makeup application and the clearness of your skin. Especially with sensitive skin, also make sure to use synthetic brushes (such as Tweezerman brush iQ).]
– Drink no less than 8 glasses of water a day. [Hydration is important on both the inside and out. Use our Hydrating mask twice a week to infuse moisture to the skin. The Spirulina Extract in this face mask provides a reservoir of water which it releases into the skin when needed.] This is huge for me as I am starting to pump again for another baby!
– Use a Nügg Deep Cleansing or Hydrating face mask at least once a week, and take the time to unwind from the craziness that is working from home.
– Work on getting ahead of blog posts.
– Go through my T-shirts and get rid of the ones I don’t wear anymore.
I tried out two of Nügg‘s face masks, a deep cleaning and a hydrating, and was really happy with the results! Because they aren’t ‘too girly’ [his words] and no one is immune to dry and tired skin, my hubby even joined in on the mini spa day and got to experience the two as well.
Nugg Deep Cleansing Face Mask: I tried this one first, and could feel it working right away. My skin started tingling after a few minutes, but it was never uncomfortable, more of a refreshing tingle, and it actually felt pretty good. The biggest surprise was that my face never felt dry, which tends to happen when I use any type of face product with ‘deep cleansing’ in the title! I washed it off after about 10 minutes and woke up the next morning with smaller pore – awesomesauce.
Nugg Hydrating Face Mask: If you have dry skin like myself, this is about to be your new best friend. This mask gave me the most immediate and noticeable difference, and my skin stayed super soft and moisturized all. day. long. I have a feeling the more I use this one, the longer lasting the effects will be, so I can’t wait to see where my skin is after a month.
How did you all do with your January goals / resolutions? Have you made new ones for February?
This post may contain affiliate links. I received one or more of the above mentioned products complimentary for testing purposes. However, I only recommend products I personally love and use to my readers.