Anyone else have a guilty pleasure of eating raw cookie dough?
I know, I know. It’s terrible. Raw eggs. Etc. But now that we’re vegan, we’ve had a lot of fun with different hummus recipes! This is the result of craving something sweet, but being self-quarantined and having to utilize what was in our pantry.
It’s guilt-free raw chocolate chip cookie dough, that is freaking delicious. We love it on apple slices, on pancakes, spread on a banana, or even just raw right off the spoon! Plus, it’s super easy to customize. You can add shredded coconut, oats, nuts, or whatever you like. It’s foolproof!
Vegan + Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus
If you have 5 minutes, you have time to make this super easy sweet treat that the whole family will love. I use a food processor, but a blender would work just as well.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c nut butter of your choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c chocolate chips (we use EnjoyLife since they’re vegan!)
- To your food processor or blender, add the drained and rinsed chickpeas (yes, the rinsing is an important step – don’t skip it!)
- Add nut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon, and blend!
- Once it has reached a hummus-like consistency, mix in chocolate chips *by hand*. This will keep your chocolate chips intact!
- Serve it up and enjoy!
What doesn’t get eaten can be stored in the refrigerator for 4-ish days. But I doubt it’ll last that long! I store ours in glass jars, but Tupperware or whatever would be fine, too.
The boys can make this on their own, and they really enjoy doing so. This vegan cookie dough hummus is one of those quick and easy pantry recipes that only uses a few ingredients and is perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth while remaining guilt-free. And I won’t tell if you eat the whole thing in one setting while watching Tiger King on Netflix, ha.