This carrier was gifted to me in consideration of a review, and this post contains affiliate links.
The Lillebaby Carryon Woven Sand Dollar carrier is a caregiver’s best friend.
Y’all know my love for Lillebaby started over three years ago when H was just a tiny “little” chunky babe. I make big babies and was struggling with the back pain I was experiencing in my Ergo. Close to giving up on baby wearing, I did a little more research and discovered Lillebaby. The first and original carrier that allows for SIX different carrying positions, including forward facing out, a lumbar support, and NO NEED for an infant insert!
If I thought that was magical, than the Lillebaby CarryOn for toddlers and PreSchoolers is otherworldly.
When will my child be ready for the Lillebaby CarryOn?
The toddler CarryOn is perfect for kiddos once they’ve reached at least a 2T pant size. But pant size isn’t the only factor! You’ll also want to take into account trunk height (how long your child’s torso is), and how long your kiddo’s legs are. Older babies, toddlers, PreSchoolers and older kids will be super comfortable in this carrier from Lillebaby. The weight restrictions for the Lillebaby CarryOn are 20 – 60lbs, so you’ll get a TON of use out of this one carrier.
We’ve been using ours for almost two years now, and now this Lillebaby CarryOn Woven with its newly updated features is easily our favorite.
What’s different about the new Lillebaby CarryOn?
Here’s the great news, if you loved the fit of your older style Lillebaby, you’re going to love the fit of the newer model even more. And if you had troubles getting your perfect fit before, you’re going to be elated over the changes that Lillebaby has made.
- Lillebaby shortened the shoulder straps. This means an easier fit for petite baby wearers!
- They made the torso panel taller! Now at 20.5″, your toddler will be better supported, and the curved head panel means extra comfort as well.
- The panel is narrower AND has a better configured cupped seat. Once again, this allows for a better fit for a wider variety of baby wearers.
- More noticeable in the CarryOn Air version, Lillebaby added a cotton border above the leg padding. It seems like a small change, but just another way that Lillebaby has made these even more comfortable!
- I’m not sure if they gave us more leg padding, or whether the redesign just makes it feel that way, but even my toddler commented that his legs felt “more better and cushy”!
- The waistband has been redesigned to a curved shape. Especially for back wearing, the new curved waistband has been amazingly comfortable.
Features I love about the Lillebaby CarryOn:
ALL OF THEM. But seriously.
- The most comfortable baby carrier out there. And I mean it. I’ve tried countless carriers and with my acute back damage from a car accident about 6.5 years ago, the Lillebaby is the only carrier I can wear for extended periods of time. Lillebaby thoughtfully designed this to be incredibly ergonomic.
- Three different carrying positions! So you can wear your older kiddo in several different ways.
- LUMBAR. I shout my love for the Lumbar support from the rooftops, daily. What’s the big deal about the lumbar support? Y’all. The lumbar gives you the most comfortable wear and helps you maintain a healthy posture while wearing. It also helps with low back strain!
- Three way straps! Thanks to Perfect Fit Adjusters, and the ability to wear the straps in a backpack style or criss cross, you can seriously get an incredible fit that’s perfect for you, your partner, your parents, your caregivers, etc. These three way straps also make breastfeeding in the Lillebaby CarryOn super easy.
- Removable hood. When my toddler finally gives in to one of those illusive toddler naps, the “sleepy” hood is fantastic. I can just pull it up and over his head, and snap it into place. But the hood isn’t just for naps! It’s also great on extra sunny days and when the weather gets rainy or gross. And did I mention its removable?!
- Remember that second point I made above about the taller panel? The taller panel helps me feel more secure in wearing H on my back and gives me more control in my wearing. Yes, even with a crazy mover of a kiddo on my back. Plus with the extra padding and support for his legs, he’s probably more comfortable sleeping on my back in the Lillebaby CarryOn than he is in his own bed!
- POCKETS. Dude. The pockets on this CarryOn are AMAZING. I can fit so much stuff! My phone, a little change type purse that I keep my credit cards and some cash in, extra diapers, some wipes, snacks, and the list goes on. No matter where we go, I can almost leave my diaper bag at home with how roomy the pockets are in the CarryOn!
- Comfortable straps. Lillebaby’s shoulder straps are incredible. The extra padded comfort makes the hours of babywearing doable, even with a 45lb almost 4 year old on my back! Considering I can barely keep him up on my shoulders for very long if we’re out walking around, I think that really speaks to the testament of the support that you get with the Lillebaby CarryOn.
- Compact storage. One of the other things I really love about our Lillebaby baby carriers is how easy it is to fold and roll them. Especially with how much we travel, I love being able to roll and buckle them up! They take up barely any room in our luggage, and make for a pretty great pillow when on the go.
What’s so special about the Woven Lillebaby?
Do you remember when you were a kid and had a security blanket that you totted around everywhere with you? The new woven Lillebaby models are just like that, but better. You get the function, structure and support that you normally would with Lillebaby’s soft structured carrier. However this time, Lillebaby totally outdid themselves. This custom designed Woven Sand Dollar fabric is beautiful and breathable. Because the design is woven directly into the fabric, there’s no worry of a print washing off or becoming scratchy. Rather, you are left with a super soft textured weave with strong support.
Shop all of Lillebaby’s amazing carriers here: Shop all Lillebaby
Shop all of the toddler Lillebaby CarryOn carriers here: Lillebaby CarryOn