This Father’s Day, whip up some deliciously easy Golden Grahams S’mores Candy Bark. No baking required, and chances are you already have everything you need in your pantry. Channel the days when cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner was a totally acceptable parent move with this sweet summertime treat.
My husband has the biggest sweet tooth. Ever. He loved when I was pregnant and craving sweets with our first, because I couldn’t get enough sugar (sorry doc). He has definitely passed that trait onto our toddler too. H is just like his dad, and will do anything for a treat. Including potty training. Thank goodness!
I love watching the two of them together right now. My husband had almost zero experience with babies and kids before we started growing our family. He was totally clueless when it came to newborns, and to be honest he was terrified. I remember one time in particular when he was getting H dressed on one of his first days. It took him almost 20 minutes to put a onesie on.
These days, things look a little differently.
Our youngest and I usually come downstairs to the two of them rolling around or wrestling, and throwing shirts over heads only takes seconds. He has grown into himself as a husband, father, and gentleman. You can tell he takes such pride in his role as a dad. And he wants so much to give them every opportunity in life. Two things that makes me especially proud to be his partner in life.
My husband is usually the one to spoil us by making dinner. The kids and I like to bake him something sweet and totally unhealthy as a way to say thank you. But H wanted to make chocolate with dad this time, and his request was too lovely to do anything but agree.
We are happily celebrating the fact that the sun has decided to come out in the PNW. Yay for no gray skies in sight, and days spent outside! The only downside to the finally warm temperatures is that its too hot to cook anything in the oven. Way, way, way too hot. (We probably shouldn’t have turned down that HVAC installation…)
No bake cookies are the perfect way to keep your house cool, and your sweet tooth satisfied!
This S’mores Candy Bark recipe is a sweet throwback to my early 90s childhood and features Golden Grahams cereal. If you’re looking for the perfect desert, here it is. Just sweet enough, and I love to switch the recipe up with dark chocolate for a richer taste. A little salty and crunchy thanks to the Golden Grahams cereal, and well balanced with the melt-in-your-mouth chocolates and chewy marshmallows.
Look at me talking about S’mores being a culinary feat. They’re not! And that’s what makes them the perfect summer desert. This S’mores Candy Bark recipe takes maybe 5 minutes to prep and put together. The only thing that takes any amount of time is letting it cool to set. An easy solution to that? Stick the pan in the freezer afterwards for 10 minutes! A little shortcut, and means you can throw together desert, find all the kid’s shoes, and get everyone out the door to your neighborhood barbecue in less than 30 minutes. Maybe.
- 1 cup Golden Grahams™ cereal
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. In large bowl, microwave semi-sweet chocolate chips for 2 minutes, making sure to stir after 60 and 90 seconds. Continue to microwave and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate onto cookie sheet. Use spatula to spread evenly into 10x13-inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- In small bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over chocolate layer on cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle cereal then marshmallows over top of chocolate, press into melted chocolate to help pieces stick. Freeze about 10 minutes (or refrigerate about 30 minutes) until firm.
- Break into pieces and serve.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Keep an eye on your chocolate in the microwave! It can burn quickly.
- This is delicious with dark chocolate as well.
- Try crumbling the Golden Grahams cereal up and sprinkling it over the chocolate.
So there you have it! An easy no bake desert recipe.
One that would be delicious on the side of, or crumbled on top of a scoop of ice cream. Because what quintessential summer evening doesn’t include S’mores?! And dad deserves to get in on the “baking” fun every once in a while. Especially when it’s this quick and fun to make with kids of all ages!