Toddler Snack Ideas:
Healthy Nibbles for the Picky Eater in Your Life
Anyone else with a toddler who one day will eat anything you put in front of them, and the next will only eat cheese sticks? Anyone? Please say yes! This last month has been a total battle of the wills when it comes to H holding out on eating until he gets what he wants. Which he does, eventually, because I can’t make myself send him to naps or bedtime without something in his stomach.
Do you need toddler snack inspiration? I’m sharing a few of H’s favorite quick and easy snack combinations that help me feel good about what he’s eating, and help keep the Hangry Toddler Monster away!
I usually fill one side of the Snack in the Box with a fruit or veggie and one side with a whole grain or protein source, so the possibilities are endless! Want to be able to look back at this for a quick reference? I’m feeling super sweet and in a giving mood, so just click on the image below for your FREE “Quick and Easy Toddler Snack Ideas for On The Go” PDF download!
Celery Sticks w/ Peanut Butter
Sweet Potato Sticks
Carbs / Grain:
Cereal (Chex, Cheerios, etc)
Whole Grain Crackers
Other fun add-ins:
Why do I like the Precidio Snack in the Box or Drink in the Box?
Let me count the ways:
- They’re made with TritanTM plastic, and thoughtfully designed for families with children. I always thought plastic was plastic was plastic, but after talking to the Eastman Tritan company, I was really impressed with the thought that goes into their plastic, and how their plastic is on a totally different level.
- They’re safe, durable, and super easy to clean. How durable? It’s lasted over a month with a toddler who’s nicknames include “Hulk” and “Tornado”, and multiple tantrum throws. Considering how many of the latter there are these days (thanks, toddlerhood), a month with any one product in this house is like putting it through a year of use. The Eastman TritanTM plastic that these snack packs are made of have a greater shatter resistance than other plastics, so that means a longer lifespan, and I don’t have to worry about it cracking or warping in the heat of the dishwasher!
- Both the Snack in the Box and Drink in the Box are lightweight, so they’re easy for H to carry around and hold on his own, and he’s less likely to drop them because of that.
- Easy to see through. Because the TritanTM plastic that the Snack and Drink in the Boxes are made of looks like glass, I don’t have to wonder about what’s inside. It’s easy to see the beverage and the snacks that we keep in them, which also means I know when H is about to run out of munchies, and can grab more to refill the snack or drink container(s). Other plastic snack systems we were using started to get scratchy and hazy as we washed them, but the TritanTM plastic components retain their clarity and color despite all the dishwashing (and aforementioned tantrum throws).
- The TritamTM plastic components are free of BPA and BPS!
- The Snack in the Box and Drink in the Box just look really cool. As I mentioned earlier, H is far more likely to eat / drink / do something if it is visually appealing to him. Because of this, he’s totally obsessed with his “big boy juice box” and “two snack box”. The bright colors are really fun, and he likes helping me fill them up and peeking at the contents they hold!
Thank you to Eastman TritanTM for sponsoring today’s post, and helping make snack time a little easier! Make sure to check them out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to learn more about what other products are made with TritanTM!
Does your toddler have any favorite snack combinations? I’d love to hear about them below!