I’ve talked before about the fact that we are all about easy weeknight family dinners around here, and the easier the better. I’m a big fan of simple dishes that pack big flavor, even more so if they are kid friendly recipes that allow our whole family to cook and enjoy a meal together. H is all of a sudden very into salsa, and seems to really love spicy foods, so when we found LA VICTORIA®’s Mango habanero salsa I knew I had to come up with a quick and easy toddler approved meal that would be fun for us to all make.
Mini Taco Bites
- 1.5 cups LA VICTORIA® Mango Habanero Salsa
- 18 oz cooked ground turkey (or any type of cooked beef, chicken, pork, etc)
- 1 package Wonton Wrappers
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded lettuce, chopped
- 1.5 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Lightly spray miniature muffin pan tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Gently press wonton wrappers into small muffin cups – just an FYI, I had to do this in two to batches in the bigger muffin tins, to get the the desired thickness. Spray wonton wrappers with additional nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake wrappers at 350*F for 8 – 10 minutes, or until they turn lightly golden brown and / or look lightly toasted.
- While wonton wrappers are baking, fully cook the meat you have chosen for your tacos with the taco seasoning.
- Spoon taco meat into each wonton cup, and top with shredded lettuce, cheese, and LA VICTORIA® Mango Habanero Salsa, or LA VICTORIA®’s Pineapple salsa and Roasted Pepper salsa are delicious options too!
I love that because this is such an easy and hands-on recipe, my toddler can help me put the taco cups together. He loves pressing the wonton wrappers into the muffin tins, helping me fill the cups with the ground turkey and sprinkling the lettuce and cheese on top. The LA VICTORIA® Mango Habanero Salsa adds a great burst of color and a refreshing zing of tangy spicy that brings the whole recipe together.
Visit LA VICTORIA® Brand’s website to follow along with the flavor journey and get more delicious recipes. Find sweet and spicy tips, perfect for summer grilling! And while you’re there, make sure you enter the “Flavor Seekers” giveaway for a chance to win a trip for 2 to San Diego (flight and hotel included)!
Today’s post is sponsored by LA VICTORIA® Brand, my love for their Mango Habanero Salsa is all my own.