When I think Spring, I think warmer weather, sunshine, and the perfect ice cold cocktail to go along with my freshly grilled dinner. This year, however, I’ll be skipping the cocktails and grabbing a delicious “mocktail” instead, as this mama has a bun in the oven! If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding and still want to enjoy yourself at friend and family functions, I am really excited to share with you a few of the alcohol free drinks I’ve been making for our soirees with FRE Non-Alcoholic wines.
The only wine drink I had ever really made was Sangria. Which is great. It’s yummy and fruity and tastes delicious, but I wanted to experiment and discover some new drinks that would be great for the upcoming warm weather months. The following three FRE Wine “Mocktails”: a Chardonnay based Mojito, a Red Blend based mixed berry slushy, and a Chardonnay based Ginger Lime Spritzer, are all approved by both my pregnant self, and my beer loving husband – so you know they’ve gotta be good!
FRE Chardonnay Mojito with Lime, Mint and Agave
- 1/2 c chilled FRE Chardonnay (although this is delicious with FRE White Zinfandel too!)
- 1/4 c chilled club soda
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 2 lime wedges
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Combine the mint, lime and agave in a glass, and *gently* muddle with a spoon or muddler.
- Add the wine first, then club soda, then ice, and stir.
Raspberry & Blueberry FRE Wine Slushies
- 2.5 cups frozen raspberries
- 2.5 cups frozen blueberries
- 1.5 c FRE Red Blend
- In a blender, combine the blueberries with 3/4 c FRE Red Blend and blend until smooth. Feel free to add more FRE depending on if you like your slushy a little less thick.
- Empty frozen FRE blueberry slushy into glasses, leaving room for the peach slushy to go on top, and place them in the refrigerator or freezer to stay cool.
- Rinse the blender vessel to remove the blueberry slushy remnants.
- Combine frozen raspberries with 3/4 c FRE Red Blend, and blend until smooth. Again, feel free to add a little more FRE if the consistency is too thick for you.
- Empty the raspberry FRE slushy into the glasses, on top of the blueberry slushy.
- Top with a piece of fruit and a fun straw, and serve!
Ginger FRE Wine Spritzer
- 1/2 c chilled FRE Chardonnay
- 1/4 c chilled Ginger Beer
- Juice from half a lime
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Ice Cubes
- Combine the FRE Chardonnay, then Ginger Beer, then lime juice in a glass, and stir.
- Add ice cubes and lime wedges to garnish.
- Service please!
Do you have an event coming up that these cocktails would be perfect for? Let me know if you end up making any of them! I want to hear how they turn out!