Peach Crumble Dump Cake
Peach crumble makes me think of summer. The fruity flavor is quintessentially summer, and yet appropriately delicious all year long. It’s no secret I love a good and easy life hack, especially one that appeals to my strong sweet tooth. I first discovered this incredibly easy peach crumble dump cake recipe from some family friends during our 4th of July getaway and have been hooked ever since.
This is the easiest under 5 minute desert recipe you could possibly imagine, and it tastes like something straight out of your sweet tooth dreams! The combination of the cake mix, butter and cinnamon is a little salty, a little sweet, and the density is exactly what I would wish for in any dessert.
Peaches are the perfect summer treat, and I love that this compliments any meal – from BBQ sandwiches to chicken salads, and is actually relatively healthy in the grand scheme of things (especially if you don’t add the extra sugar on top).
I have legitimately made this three separate times since the 4th (and that was less than three weeks ago!), and it always disappears quickly! While the original recipe is cooked in a dutch oven over an open campfire flame, this modified version is SUPER easy to recreate in your oven at home with whatever fruit and cake mix you may have on hand.
The next time I make this Peach Crumble, I think I might branch out a little and substitute the peaches with the mass of frozen blueberries I picked up at Costco last weekend for a little bit of a different flavor!
- 2 cans sliced peaches
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 stick butter (sliced)
- cinamon (optional)
- sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Open and pour both cans of peaches into a square baking dish.
- Pour one box of cake mix over peaches evenly.
- Slice butter thinly and place over cake mix.
- Sprinkle cinnnamon (and sugar if you wish, but I think its more than sweet enough without) on top.
- Bake in oven for 20 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, and serve warm (with ice cream if you wish).