This is just what we had in our fridge, but feel free to add different veggies and cheeses and meats. Prosciutto, bacon and bbq chicken or pork are some of my favorite proteins to add!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Pizza Sauce (we use pasta sauce because it's a little bit healthier)
- SariFoods 100% Natural Nutritional Yeast
- Roasted Beets, sliced and halved
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Goat Cheese (you can use any cheese, we just don't use cow's milk products as H has a bad reaction)
- Pizza Pan
- AYL® Silicone Heat Resistant Gloves
- We use a pizza pan to get our crust extra crispy, so if you're going that route, make sure to put your pizza pan in the oven to warm up while the oven is preheating to 375.
- Make the pizza dough per your instructions (or if you bought from a store, unwrap it and allow it a little time to rise), and press into your desired shape.
- Pop the crust into the oven for 2-3 minutes, using AYL® Silicone Heat Resistant Gloves to protect your hands when removing the crust.
- Spread pizza sauce over the crust, then sprinkle SariFoods' 100% natural Nutritional Yeast over sauce.
- Add spinach, beets and tomatoes and then sprinkle goat cheese over the top.
- Cook pizza about 10 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your crust and use your AYL® Silicone Heat Resistant Gloves to remove the hot pan from the oven.
- Let it cool, cut into slices and enjoy!
As an added bonus, all those finicky pickle and salsa jars have met their match! These AYL® Silicone Heat Resistant Gloves are like a built in can opener, so you're actually getting several useful tools in one!
Why did I use Nutritional Yeast? Because it's awesomely full of good-for-you nutrients and has a salty, and slightly nutty taste and is very similar to cheese but is low in sodium and fat and is dairy, gluten and GMO free so I don't have to feel guilty about what I'm eating. I love adding Nutritional Yeast to almost anything that I make, and if I'm ever feeling uninspired, I can just peek at the free e-book full of recipes to highlight and take advantage of their Nutritional Yeast goodness.
SariFoods' Nutritional Yeast is non-fortified, so everything is 100% whole food based and naturally occurring, without the synthetic and unnecessary man-made vitamins added to other brands. It's comprised of 50% protein, 20% fiber and has 18 amino acids and 15 different minerals, including iron and zinc, in addition to vitamin B-complex and the immune boosting Beta-glucans.
Want to learn more about SariFoods' 100% Natural Nutritional Yeast? Follow along their Facebook and Twitter, and head over to their website for even more info on this delicious kitchen staple!
This post may contain affiliate links. I received one or more of the above mentioned products complimentary for testing purposes. However, I only recommend products I personally love and use to my readers.