We have a pizza night at least once a week over here in the LPG household. It’s quick, it’s easy, and way healthier than a greasy delivery version, plus its great for emptying your refrigerator of leftover veggies and whatnot before they go bad. Want to make it even quicker? I love Trader Joe’s pizza doughs from their refrigerated section – my local TJs has a rosemary, a plain and a whole wheat, and they’re all delicious!
This is just what we had in our fridge, but feel free to add different veggies and cheeses and meats. Prosciutto, bacon and bbq chicken or pork are some of my favorite proteins to add!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Pizza Sauce (we use pasta sauce because it’s a little bit healthier)
- SariFoods 100% Natural Nutritional Yeast
- Roasted Beets, sliced and halved
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Goat Cheese (you can use any cheese, we just don’t use cow’s milk products as H has a bad reaction)
- Pizza Pan
- AYL® Silicone Heat Resistant Gloves
- We use a pizza pan to get our crust extra crispy, so if you’re going that route, make sure to put your pizza pan in the oven to warm up while the oven is preheating to 375.
- Make the pizza dough per your instructions (or if you bought from a store, unwrap it and allow it a little time to rise), and press into your desired shape.
- Pop the crust into the oven for 2-3 minutes, using AYL® Silicone Heat Resistant Gloves to protect your hands when removing the crust.
- Spread pizza sauce over the crust, then sprinkle SariFoods’ 100% natural Nutritional Yeast over sauce.
- Add spinach, beets and tomatoes and then sprinkle goat cheese over the top.
- Cook pizza about 10 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your crust and use your AYL® Silicone Heat Resistant Gloves to remove the hot pan from the oven.
- Let it cool, cut into slices and enjoy!
I definitely recommend all you home bakers check out AYL® Silicone Heat Resistant Gloves. No longer do I have to struggle with those giant oven mitts that are obnoxious and awkward, nor do I have to worry about the pan slipping out due to poor grip and / or a slippery fabric. These gloves are a one-size-fits-all, so everyone in my family can and does use them, including my brother who is a Chef! Now I can grab my hot oatmeal bowl out of the microwave easily without worrying about burring my hand, and I love using these gloves to handle sweet potatoes that are still hot from cooking in either the oven or the microwave. They allow for great dexterity of my fingers and bend and move around my joints super easily. They also wipe clean really easily due to being silicone.
As an added bonus, all those finicky pickle and salsa jars have met their match! These AYL® Silicone Heat Resistant Gloves are like a built in can opener, so you’re actually getting several useful tools in one!