Happy New Year!
Rather than make lofty resolutions that I tend to brush off and forget about for approximately 300 days out of the year, I've decided that for 2015 I'm going to start making monthly goals. Some will be easier than others, but I'm hoping that the smaller scale will make me less overwhelmed and the goals will be more attainable.
There are some small life changes I'd like to make overall this year //
- Save 10% of every paycheck for a downpayment on our next home. I know 10% isn't much, but I'm going for longevity and every little bit counts!
- Be happier with less. I feel like we're drowning in stuff: Magazines, knick knacks, clothes we never wear, toys, etc and it's so stressful! I'm hoping that by streamlining and adopting a less is more approach, we can de-clutter and everything will be less hectic.
- Take more time for myself. I can count on less than one hand the number of times I've been somewhere without H or my husband, doing something that I want to do, just because. Whether it's a yoga class or getting a massage or my nails done, I need a reminder that I'm more than just H's mom or Zach's wife and I deserve to have some me time.
- Take more time for my marriage. Once again, I can count on one hand the number of times Zach and I have done anything just the two of us, and it's about time we get back to dating. We may be parents now, but we are a husband and wife first and foremost and like any great relationship, it needs fostering to grow.
- Travel one place this year that we've never been.
- Keep it together enough to not be a complete and total blubbering mess for H's 1st birthday.
- Have 'me time' twice a week.
- Go on two dates.
- Do one random act of kindness.
- Buy a ticket to go home and visit my grandparents.
- Get rid of one bag of excess clothing / toys / whatever.
- Create a blog 'schedule'.
- Figure out Google Analytics (I know, lame, but I'm having the hardest time trying to figure it out!).
What about you? Are you a 'resolution-maker'? If so, do you ever stick with them?
From my family to yours, Happy New Years, and I hope it's one filled with health and happiness!