1 can reduced sodium black beans
1 lb ground beef
1 tbs minced garlic
1 tbs rosemary
1. After draining and rinsing the black beans, pour them into a bowl and mash.
2. Add the ground beef, garlic and rosemary, and mix well.
3. Shape into patties, making sure to use your thumb to make an indent in the center to prevent the burger from puffing up while it cooks.
4. Place in a preheated stove-top skillet and flip after about 6 minutes.
5. Add the patty to a perfectly toasted bun, and top with desired accouterments!
Just a little FYI: One of the best tips I ever received in regards to making and cooking burgers were to handle the meat as little as possible to prevent the meat from toughening up, and only flip the patty once to retain all those yummy juices! You may also notice that I didn't add salt. Because we're doing baby led weaning and Harrison eats what we eat, I'm extra cautious of what I add to my recipes, and definitely didn't find the burgers to be lacking in flavor whatsoever.