I’ve been asked a lot about my shakes lately, so I thought I’d share the deliciousness that is my favorite smoothie. I have to have one every. Single. Morning. Seriously. Days that I don’t get a chance to make one, I feel lethargic and find myself reaching for whatever I can get my hands on to fill my tummy – not good when you’re trying to lose the baby weight!
- 2 – 3 big handfuls of spinach / kale / power greens
- 1.5 cups of mango (I use frozen from Costco)
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of baby carrots
- 3/4 c of blueberries
- 2 tbs unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs flaxseed or flax meal
- 2-4 tbs hemp protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 c coconut water
- 1 – 1.5 cups water (depending on how thick or thin you want the consistency to be)
I usually have a big glass for breakfast to start my day off right, and then I’ll have enough for two more drinks as snacks the rest of the afternoon.